Effective Date of Current Policy:
May 15, 2022
Scope of this Policy
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly and from third parties. We may combine information from the Website together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information you give us
You may provide the following information to us directly through the Website. This may include:
- Contact and professional information, including name, email address, telephone number, and job title, as well as company name and size.
- Demographic information.
- Content and information you may include in your Website submissions or communications to us.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Any other information you submit to us.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources.
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from our third party hiring and recruiting vendors, as well as social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- If you decide to refer others to us via the Website, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent before giving us his or her contact information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
How We Use Your Information
We may use any of the information we collect for the following purposes.
- Service functionality: To conduct general business operations, including hiring and employment.
- Service improvement: To improve and grow our services, including to develop new products and services and understand how our services are being used.
- Security:To protect and secure our Website, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- ILegal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
How We Share Your Information
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients.
- Affiliates: We share information with other members of our group of companies.
- Service providers: We engage vendors to perform specific business functions on our behalf, and they may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions, which include:
- Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Hiring and recruiting vendors, which assist us with job postings and applicant tracking.
- Business partners: From time to time, we may share your contact information with other organizations for marketing purposes.
- Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
- Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Website. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this policy.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Website. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Jurisdiction-specific rights: You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information depending on your location or residency. Please see “privacy disclosures for specific jurisdictions” below. Please contact us to exercise your rights.
Special Information for Job Applicants
When you apply for a job with us, we may collect information from you, including:
- Information you provide in connection with your application (including via our hiring and recruiting vendors).
- Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
- Information about you that is available publicly.
- Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third-party service that displays our job posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
Other Important Information
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
Cross-border data transfer
We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Information about children
The Website is intended for users age thirteen and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
Your California Privacy Rights; “Shine the Light” Law
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Please contact us to obtain this information.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit disclosure of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which we use personal information. The following table summarizes the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of that information, and whether we disclose or sell that information to service providers or third parties, respectively. The categories we use to describe personal information are those enumerated in the CCPA. We collect this personal information for the purposes described in “how we use information.”
|We disclose to:
|We sell to:
- Contact information or personal characteristics (name; email address; postal address; telephone number; signature)
|You; hiring and recruiting platform vendors
|Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Current employer
- Job title
|You; hiring and recruiting platform vendors
Entities to whom we disclose information for business purposes are service providers, which are companies that we engage to conduct activities on our behalf. We restrict service providers from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement.
Entities to whom we “sell” information are third parties. Under the CCPA, a business “sells” personal information when it discloses personal information to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because we disclose personal information to the company for something other than an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because its contract does not restrict it from using personal information for purposes unrelated to the service it provides to us.
Your rights under the CCPA
- Opt out of sale of personal information: You have the right to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please contact us. Please be aware that your right to opt out does not apply to our disclosure of personal information to service providers.
- Know and request access to and deletion of personal information: You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with to whom we sell or disclose it. You also have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you. Please contact us to exercise these rights.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
Contact information, submitting requests, and our response procedures
Making a request to exercise your rights
Submitting requests:You may request to exercise your rights by making a request using the contact information above. If you are a California resident, you may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Verification: We must verify your identity before responding to your request. We verify your identity by asking you to provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously. We may need to follow up with you to request more information to verify identity. We will not use personal information we collect in connection with verifying or responding to your request for any purpose other than responding to your request.